From: "Smith
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o, Dan Barr <danbarr@×××××.com>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-server] /usr/src/linux
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 19:58:19
1 Gentoo does not use symlinks for its kernel headers. It uses the package linux-headers. So the only time you would need to recompile glibc would be when you change or update the linux-headers package.
2
3 Adam
4
5 -----Original Message-----
6 From: Dan Barr [mailto:danbarr@×××××.com]
7 Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 3:47 PM
8 To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
9 Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] /usr/src/linux
12 The symlink should point to the base directory of your kernel sources.
13 When something mentiones that it should point to the headers, that's
14 what they mean. Your kernel headers are contained within your running
15 kernel's source directory. /usr/src/linux should always point to your
16 currently-running source directory so things like nvidia-kernel will
17 work.
18
19 No, you do not need to emerge glibc after changing your kernel.
20
21 -Dan