From: Jonathan Rogers <jonner@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] cron not doing backup
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 09:05:50
1 stephen white wrote:
2 > On 15/11/2004, at 10:08 AM, Ben Munat wrote:
3 >
4 >> What's interesting is that cron ran my backup last night
5 >> successfully... but didn't send the output to the log.
8 > There is a size limit somewhere... I also have nightly backups running
9 > from cron but only get the output if it's a short run. I haven't cared
10 > enough about that one machine to bother fixing it.
11
12 There is a size limit for command lines. However, there shouldn't be a
13 size limit if you use logger's stdin. The manpage doesn't mention one
14 and logging a line at a time shouldn't require buffering more than a
15 line at a time.
16
17 Jonathan Rogers