From: "Francesco R." <vivo@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] mysql-4.1
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 10:08:31
1 Alle 08:31, venerdì 21 ottobre 2005, Ben Munat ha scritto:
2 > Francesco, any thoughts on this? I seem to remember my last disaster
3 > with mysql/vpopmail was due to libmysqlclient.so.12 disappearing.
4 > This makes me very nervous. Shouldn't revdep-rebuild take care of
5 > this? Anyone else have vopopmail installed but have successfully done
6 > this upgrade?
7 >
8 revdep-rebuild *should*, having problem me too with it not rebuilding
9 *all* what I need.
10
11 A rather awful workaround is to rebuild every package that has the mysql
12 useflag. to generate a list try this oneliner:
13
14 emerge -epv --columns mysql \
15 | grep mysql | grep -v 'dev-db/mysql '\
16 | cut -c 17- \
17 | awk 'emerge --oneshot {print $1}' \
18 | awk '{print "emerge --oneshot --nodeps", $1}'
19
20 then adjust the list for your needs.
21
22 > Dave Strydom wrote:
23 > > Well i have only had failure, due to programs not being able to
24 > > find the libmysqlclient.so.12
25 > > even after updating with ldconfig or env-update
26 > >
27 > > my MailScanner and exim broke because of this (well i only got that
28 > > far into it because i rolled back to the old version)
29 > >
30 > > So, do any of you folks reporting success or failure happen to
31 > > be using vpopmail? The last
32 > > big MySQL debacle took down vpopmail and therefore all the
33 > > mail... that sucked.
34 [snip]
35
36 Sorry for the problems, I can setup a test environment on a public ip
37 address (x86 running stable), following your instruction (I don't use
38 vpopmail).
39
40 Then we can test everything there.
41