From: Jose Gonzalez Gomez <jgonzalez@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] cfengine and portage
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 12:19:21
1 Hi there,
2
3 I've been reading a bit about cfengine, and would like to give it a
4 try. I have some doubts and I would like to know if somebody has solved
5 them. My main concern right now is automatic installation of packages...
6 is this something you would do with cfengine in a Gentoo system? It
7 seems you have a packages action intended to do this, but it seems it
8 has only support for rpm based package managers, am I missing anything
9 here? Has anybody made this packages action work with portage? Or do you
10 use another way of installing packages with cfengine?
11
12 Best regards
13 Jose