From: Stefan Schlesinger <sts@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] cfengine and portage
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 19:41:07
1 Jose Gonzalez Gomez wrote:
4 > Hi there,
5 >
6 > I've been reading a bit about cfengine, and would like to give it a
7 > try. I have some doubts and I would like to know if somebody has
8 > solved them. My main concern right now is automatic installation of
9 > packages... is this something you would do with cfengine in a Gentoo
10 > system? It seems you have a packages action intended to do this, but
11 > it seems it has only support for rpm based package managers, am I
12 > missing anything here? Has anybody made this packages action work with
13 > portage? Or do you use another way of installing packages with cfengine?
14 >
15 > Best regards
16 > Jose
17
18 Hey Jose,
19
20 as I'm new to cfengine, I've never used that module, nore did I ever try
21 to install software using cfengine->portage ... but! I just had a look
22 at the cfportage module and it's README(1). You can use the module to
23 check whether an ebuild is installed or not. According to this
24 information you can start a shellcommands: action that startes emerge
25 <ebuild>.
26
27 Btw. we created a wiki(2) for cfengine. Maybe you can just start an
28 article about this.
31 regards, stefan.
34 1 -
35 http://ftp.scarlet.be/pub/gentoo-portage/net-misc/cfengine/files/cfportage.README