From: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] MySQL 4.1
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 22:35:56
1 On Tuesday 30 November 2004 20:07, Sébastien Arnaud wrote:
2 > Hi Stuart,
3 >
4 > Thank you so much for the explanation regarding masked Ebuilds - makes
5 > perfect sense!
6
7 We should put information like that on www.g.o (and bugs.g.o for that matter)
8 so that it's real easy to find. We've got tonnes of great documentation, but
9 our site structure and organisation really does suck ;-)
10
11 > I wasn't complaining about the fact that MySQL4.1 wasn't avail yet on
12 > Gentoo, I was just surprised that it was causing still some troubles.
13 > After the few replies to my original post, I attempted to emerge
14 > MySQL4.1 and experienced myself some issues. It went through
15 > compilation and installed it, but it is impossible to launch it - I get
16 > a severe crash. I fear that I need to re-emerge a lot of main library
17 > dependencies using the ~x86 mask, but I haven't tried yet.
18
19 I'm not part of the MySQL group myself, but like all Gentoo groups, I'm sure
20 they'd welcome anyone who'd like to help. If anyone is interested in
21 becoming a Gentoo developer, and helping us make your favourite distro even
22 better, check out
23
24 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml?part=1&chap=2
25
26 Best regards,
27 Stu
28 --
29 Stuart Herbert stuart@g.o
30 Gentoo Developer http://www.gentoo.org/
31 http://stu.gnqs.org/diary/
32
33 GnuPG key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
34 Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319 C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C
35 --