From: "Sébastien Arnaud" <sebastien@××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] MySQL 4.1
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 20:08:00
1 Hi Stuart,
2
3 Thank you so much for the explanation regarding masked Ebuilds - makes
4 perfect sense!
5
6 I wasn't complaining about the fact that MySQL4.1 wasn't avail yet on
7 Gentoo, I was just surprised that it was causing still some troubles.
8 After the few replies to my original post, I attempted to emerge
9 MySQL4.1 and experienced myself some issues. It went through
10 compilation and installed it, but it is impossible to launch it - I get
11 a severe crash. I fear that I need to re-emerge a lot of main library
12 dependencies using the ~x86 mask, but I haven't tried yet.
13
14 Cheers,
15
16 Sébastien
17
18 "The wise man doesn't give the right answers, he poses the right
19 questions."
20 -- Claude Levi-Strauss