From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Summer of Code: ideas wanted!
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 13:33:12
1 On 03/02/2011 10:29 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > Resending this as my original didn't actually go out:
3 >
4 > On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 7:13 AM, Rich Freeman wrote:
5 >> On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 12:33 AM, Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
6 >>> Please take a look at the ideas list [2], and add one new idea with
7 >>> enough info that someone could decide whether it sounds interesting and
8 >>> get in touch with you to expand it into a full application.
9 >>
10 >> So, after the recent mailing list discussion it sounds like there
11 >> would be value in fixing the GLSA process with a tool that didn't keep
12 >> us from sending out our GLSAs about a month or six after the x86/amd64
13 >> tree is fixed.
14 >>
15 >> Would it make sense to put out a proposal for that? It does seem like
16 >> a reasonable summer project. The problem is that it would need
17 >> somebody to sponsor/mentor it, and that should probably be somebody on
18 >> the security team, which I am not.
19 >>
20 >> Any takers?
24 I think you should add the idea to the list even if there are no mentors
25 known yet. If a mentor doesn't materialize it will just not get a slot.
26
27 regards,
28 Petteri