From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Summer of Code: ideas wanted!
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 20:29:31
1 Resending this as my original didn't actually go out:
2
3 On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 7:13 AM, Rich Freeman wrote:
4 > On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 12:33 AM, Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
5 >> Please take a look at the ideas list [2], and add one new idea with
6 >> enough info that someone could decide whether it sounds interesting and
7 >> get in touch with you to expand it into a full application.
8 >
9 > So, after the recent mailing list discussion it sounds like there
10 > would be value in fixing the GLSA process with a tool that didn't keep
11 > us from sending out our GLSAs about a month or six after the x86/amd64
12 > tree is fixed.
13 >
14 > Would it make sense to put out a proposal for that?  It does seem like
15 > a reasonable summer project.  The problem is that it would need
16 > somebody to sponsor/mentor it, and that should probably be somebody on
17 > the security team, which I am not.
18 >
19 > Any takers?