From: heroxbd@×××××.com
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] report 8.11: improving OpenRC
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 00:06:22
1 heroxbd@×××××.com writes:
2
3 > Today's plan,
4 >
5 > 1. EPREFIX export from runscript.sh
6
7 DONE
8
9 > 2. test the EPREFIX and update http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/OpenRC/Prefix
10 > run runit supervised services on my NAS
11
12 DONE
13
14 http://www.awa.tohoku.ac.jp/~benda/projects/runit.html
15
16 > 3. write a similar helper as lsb.pl for OpenRC to let it understand
17 > systemd unit.
18
19 Not yet, roll into today's plan.
20
21 I will install a OpenSUSE first for trying out native systemd. Then
22 write a tool to parse its unit files.
25 another plan for today
26
27 install newest ubuntu to try out upstart natively. Make a draft
28 event driven system on my laptop(debian) by newly packaged OpenRC with
29 incron/inotify extension.
30
31 The event is like this:
32
33 Trigger: pluggin iPhone to my laptop
34
35 a. open up iproxy to redirect sshd inside iPhone out
36 b. ssh into iPhone and make a socks proxy
37 b1. auto tune tinc configure file
38 c. fire up proxychain to start tinc vpn through the socks proxy
39
40 Finally: I have internet access through 3G network. Gateway is another
41 node in my vpn.
42
43 Because my phone can be plugged in anytime, dependency itself is not
44 enough. I will need incron/inotify to drive OpenRC fire up a.b.c. step
45 timely.