From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] report 8.11: improving OpenRC
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 09:08:54
1 On 8/12/12 1:50 AM, heroxbd@×××××.com wrote:
2 > heroxbd@×××××.com writes:
3 >
4 >> Today's plan,
5 >>
6 >> 1. EPREFIX export from runscript.sh
7 >
8 > DONE
9 >
10 >> 2. test the EPREFIX and update http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/OpenRC/Prefix
11 >> run runit supervised services on my NAS
12 >
13 > DONE
14 >
15 > http://www.awa.tohoku.ac.jp/~benda/projects/runit.html
16
17 Might be moved to wiki
18
19 >> 3. write a similar helper as lsb.pl for OpenRC to let it understand
20 >> systemd unit.
21 >
22 > Not yet, roll into today's plan.
23 >
24 > I will install a OpenSUSE first for trying out native systemd. Then
25 > write a tool to parse its unit files.
26
27 Ok. Please document it.
28
29 > another plan for today
30 >
31 > install newest ubuntu to try out upstart natively. Make a draft
32 > event driven system on my laptop(debian) by newly packaged OpenRC with
33 > incron/inotify extension.
34 >
35 > The event is like this:
36 >
37 > Trigger: pluggin iPhone to my laptop
38 >
39 > a. open up iproxy to redirect sshd inside iPhone out
40 > b. ssh into iPhone and make a socks proxy
41 > b1. auto tune tinc configure file
42 > c. fire up proxychain to start tinc vpn through the socks proxy
43 >
44 > Finally: I have internet access through 3G network. Gateway is another
45 > node in my vpn.
46 >
47 > Because my phone can be plugged in anytime, dependency itself is not
48 > enough. I will need incron/inotify to drive OpenRC fire up a.b.c. step
49 > timely.
50
51 Seems an interesting experiment, go for it!
52
53 lu