From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] New Idea: Google Earth API
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 13:51:24
1 On 01:53 Wed 23 Mar , Yibin Liao wrote:
2 > I plan to design a Mobile IP Emulator with Google Earth Plugin, to
3 > simulate the mobile IPv4 system and/or IPv6 and so on. My plan is to
4 > place placemarks as nodes on the google earth, like mobile nodes, home
5 > agent node, foreigner agent nodes and so on. Then I’ll use those nodes
6 > to animate how the mobile data transferring on the earth. This
7 > simulation will show the paths on the earth and other information
8 > between those nodes. For example, if a mobile user from Lafayette
9 > wants to send data to a person who lives Houston, but this person is
10 > moving to Dallas now. How is the data delivering? Where are those data
11 > frames going? Using google earth can make a user understand the mobile
12 > system clearly. It’s almost like data is sending in a real world.
13
14 Dear Yibin,
15
16 This seems like an idea that doesn't fit into what Gentoo does. Perhaps
17 you should find another organization that is a better match.
20 Thanks,
21 Donnie
22
23 Donnie Berkholz