From: Yibin Liao <tigerlyb@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] New Idea: Google Earth API
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 06:53:55
1 Hi, Brian Dolbec
2
3 I'm happy to see your reply. Sorry that I forgot to describe my idea in
4 detail.
5
6 I plan to design a Mobile IP Emulator with Google Earth Plugin, to simulate
7 the mobile IPv4 system and/or IPv6 and so on. My plan is to place placemarks
8 as nodes on the google earth, like mobile nodes, home agent node, foreigner
9 agent nodes and so on. Then I’ll use those nodes to animate how the mobile
10 data transferring on the earth. This simulation will show the paths on the
11 earth and other information between those nodes. For example, if a mobile
12 user from Lafayette wants to send data to a person who lives Houston, but
13 this person is moving to Dallas now. How is the data delivering? Where are
14 those data frames going? Using google earth can make a user understand the
15 mobile system clearly. It’s almost like data is sending in a real world.
16
17 The interface can be similar like Hydroviz. Information and Instruction
18 steps would be in the right of that web page, each steps will tell the user
19 how to use emulators. I will add some layers(checkboxes) to show the
20 emulations.
21
22 Thanks,
23