From: Brian Dolbec <brian.dolbec@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] New Idea: Google Earth API
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 06:00:13
1 On Wed, 2011-03-23 at 00:24 -0500, Yibin Liao wrote:
2 > Hello!
3 >
4 > My name is Yibin Liao. I'm from China. Now I'm a master student in
5 > Computer Engineering major at University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
6 >
7 > I have a new idea for GSoC 2011, using Google code and kml language to
8 > develop a web-based, web-accessible tool with Google Earth embedded
9 > into it. I worked with a research team to develop an educational tool
10 > called Hydroviz(http://hydroviz.cilat.org/hydro/index.html). I have
11 > those experience and want to work on it in GSoC 2011.
12 >
13 > I hope to find a mentor who would be interested in this idea.
14 >
15 > Thanks,
16 >
17 > Yibin.
18
19 Forgive me if the answer is in there, but I don't see what your project
20 would be actually. The hydroviz tool looks great, I know what google
21 earth is, but there is nothing in your email to describe what your new
22 tool will do and what it will bring to gentoo.
23 --
24 Brian Dolbec <brian.dolbec@×××××.com>