From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] [report 6.3-6.10] Daemons in Gentoo Prefix with OpenRC
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 18:13:35
1 On 06/11/2012 06:05 AM, heroxbd@×××××.com wrote:
2 > Hey guys and gals,
3 >
4 > in the week 6.3-6.10 the following is finished:
5 >
6 > 1. a discuss with prefix herd. The conclusion is that portage prefix
7 > will add back confd and initd until openrc is completely prefix
8 > ready. (depends on, openrc-0.10.x, busybox hack)
9
10 Good =)
11
12 > 2. a discuss with openrc herd. The conclusion is that I will help
13 > with the new release of openrc by kill its bugs, after which
14 > williamH will make it full prefix aware.
15
16 Sounds good.
17
18 > 3. got macosx ssh account from my friend, to be used for evaluation of
19 > launchd.
20
21 Perfect, I'm looking forward your report
22 >
23 > 4. downloaded openindiana.
24
25 gentoo-illumos people should help you in case
26
27 > 5. got a ubuntu virtual machine to evaluate upstart.
28
29 Good
30
31 > in the week 6.11-6.17, the following is scheduled:
32 >
33 > 1. try out openindiana
34 >
35 > 2. kill bugs for openrc
36 >
37 > 3. do evaluation of launchd, upstart, etc. and report to wiki[a]
38
39 I like the plan ping me on irc if you need some help =)
40
41 lu
45 Luca Barbato
46 Gentoo/linux