From: heroxbd@×××××.com
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] [report 6.3-6.10] Daemons in Gentoo Prefix with OpenRC
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 06:10:32
1 Hey guys and gals,
2
3 in the week 6.3-6.10 the following is finished:
4
5 1. a discuss with prefix herd. The conclusion is that portage prefix
6 will add back confd and initd until openrc is completely prefix
7 ready. (depends on, openrc-0.10.x, busybox hack)
8
9 2. a discuss with openrc herd. The conclusion is that I will help
10 with the new release of openrc by kill its bugs, after which
11 williamH will make it full prefix aware.
12
13 3. got macosx ssh account from my friend, to be used for evaluation of
14 launchd.
15
16 4. downloaded openindiana.
17
18 5. got a ubuntu virtual machine to evaluate upstart.
19
20 in the week 6.11-6.17, the following is scheduled:
21
22 1. try out openindiana
23
24 2. kill bugs for openrc
25
26 3. do evaluation of launchd, upstart, etc. and report to wiki[a]
27
28 Cheers,
29 Benda
30