From: Robert Buchholz <rbu@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] About "Create and release a Gentoo stats server/client"
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 10:32:44
1 On Thursday 02 April 2009, Sebastian Pipping wrote:
2 > Are you referring to item
3 >
4 >   * Add user's real name and contact info if wanted
5 >
6 > ? That's completely optional.  I expect some people to
7 > be willing to share their contact info, especially in the
8 > beginning.  It's not "needed" in any way.  Does that answer
9 > your question?
10
11 If there's no need for it, we should not be collecting the data. This
12 will make sure
13 1) it's impossible for an attacker of our system to gain knowledge of
14 the addresses,
15 2) we don't send any "click here to confirm" emails to anyone due to
16 typos, or similar,
17 3) users have a better chance entrusting us with their data because we
18 do not entice them to give us personal information.
22 Robert