From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Kuroo revival
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 07:31:18
1 On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 7:37 PM, Joachim Bartosik <jbartosik@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I'd like to talk a little about Adapting Kuroo for current portage versions.
3 > My biggest problem with the idea is that it has no contact, so I don't know
4 > who should I ask about it.
5 >
6 > My questions right now are: "I have two very different ideas of doing that,
7 > what do you think about them" (long description included so I'm not posting
8 > it  here) and ( the more important) "Does anyone really care if we have a
9 > nice emerge GUI"). Do you know who should I talk to?
12 We already have a number of "nice" emerge GUIs -- himerge, portato,
13 porthole etc. You will want to talk to the nice folks on #gentoo-guis
14 @ FreeNode.
15
16 If you want my opinion, I would suggest you try to see if some other
17 gaps can be filled (whether in this area or otherwise) since portage
18 GUIs seem to be aplenty. I am personally leaning towards the
19 PackageKit backend as a point of attack.
22 ~Nirbheek Chauhan