From: Joachim Bartosik <jbartosik@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Kuroo revival
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 17:40:17
1 On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 08:31, Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > We already have a number of "nice" emerge GUIs -- himerge, portato,
4 > porthole etc. You will want to talk to the nice folks on #gentoo-guis
5 > @ FreeNode.
8 I tried porthole a some ( long?) time ago and I realized I prefer "the
9 Gentoo way".
10 I didn't feel like I needed a portage GUI until I red about
11 "... opening Gentoo up for many new users, especially for people who had
12 someone else install their Gentoo for them and now need a good GUI to
13 maintain their Gentoo."
14 and realized I installed Gentoo for my family and thought it might be a
15 great opportunity to make my life easier. But installing some manager that
16 works already is even easier, so I'll pass on that idea and look for other
17 gaps.
18 Thanks for advice.
19
20 ---