From: Tom Stellard <tstellar@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: kyron@××××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Re: GSoc 2009 : Making the cluster LiveCD bootable from USB
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 17:16:13
1 I was finally able to build an x86 live CD image, but there are a few
2 things about the build process I don't understand. Here are the
3 directions for building the live CD as I understand them:
4
5 1. Build nfsroot using these spec files in this order: stage1.spec,
6 stage2.spec, stage3.spec, nfsroot_stage4.spec
7
8 2. Bind mount nfsroot to
9 /var/git/clustering-livecd/catalyst/livecd/2008.0/overlay/tftproot/nfsroot/x86
10
11 3. Start building the live CD using these spec files in this order:
12 stage1.spec stage2-desktop.spec stage3-desktop.spec
13
14 4.Unmount nfsroot
15
16 5. Run catalyst with these spec files: nfsroot_stage4.spec
17 livecd-stage1-minimal.spec
18
19 6. Bind mount nfsroot again
20
21 7. Run catalyst with this spec file: livecd-stage2-minimal.spec
22
23 My questions are:
24 Why is it necessary to bind mount nfsroot in step 2?
25 Why do we run nfsroot_stage4.spec again in step 5?
26
27 Thanks.
28
29 -Tom Stellard