From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: meetanshu gupta <meetanshu.gupta@×××××.com>, Ajith Kamath <sjce.ajith@×××××.com>, tstellar@×××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Re: GSoc 2009 : Making the cluster LiveCD bootable from USB
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 23:57:57
1 On 19:18 Sun 22 Mar , Eric Thibodeau wrote:
2 > - The wiki's¹ description is misleading, booting to USB was ONE of my
3 > suggestions with a little more details here².
4
5 Eric,
6
7 I just wanted to remind you that it is a wiki. Please feel free to fix
8 it, since you've already had to spend time saying this more than once.
9 =)
10
11 > - AuFS is used as an overlay system and is required for the NFS-booted
12 > nodes. One might want to migrate that to a less efficient tmpfs approach
13 > (ref: LTSP implementation as being done under Gentoo too).
14
15 I'd probably consider using a FUSE implementation of unionfs (I think
16 there's one or two out there).
17
18 > - ... and so on, the idea would be to implement my original proposal and
19 > push it further. I do have it but want some feedback before I dig it out
20 > and re-post it (Donnie, thought you had posted it as an example? If not
21 > so, feel free to do so if it's still relevant.)
22
23 That was for a talk I gave at my university. Since I didn't hear back
24 from you in time, I didn't spend any time trying to find the full text
25 of the proposal.
28 Thanks,
29 Donnie
30