From: Gustavo Serra Scalet <gsscalet@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Portage/Pkgcore/Paludis backend adapter for PackageKit
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 06:24:18
1 Good night everyone,
2
3 I'm also interested in others ideas found on the gentoo wiki but now I'm
4 here to gather some information and try to improve the description of this
5 idea [1]. Also as nobody already asked about this idea yet, here I am
6 starting a new thread.
7
8 What I have to ask is:
9 - How great shall this backend be (at least for meeting the requirements for
10 the GSoC program)? What I mean is what set of functions are expected to have
11 in this new backend until the end of the program? (For comparison reasons
12 there is a matrix showing what features were implemented on others backends
13 for packagekit [2])
14
15 I'm beginning to study packagekit and some backends of it so more questions
16 shall be posted here.
19 Have a nice weekend !
22 [1]
23 http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2009_ideas#Portage.2FPkgcore.2FPaludis_backend_adapter_for_PackageKit