From: Vikraman <vikraman.choudhury@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Package statistics reporting tool - GSoC
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 14:05:07
1 On Mon, 28 Mar 2011, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2
3 > On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 10:12:13PM +0000, Vikraman Choudhury wrote:
4 >> I was looking at the GSoC idea posted on the wiki about a package
5 >> statistics reporting tool. I found that I meet the skills required,
6 >> and therefore would like to apply for this project.
7 > What package statistics do you have in mind?
8 >
9 > If you're justing thinking of what packages are on various user
10 > machines, please look at continuing & improving the previous GSoC work
11 > on package statistics.
15 I saw the work done on smolt, the fedora hardware profiler, in GSoC 2009,
16 and integration with gentoo. However, the project seems dead,
17 neither does the statistics website work, nor does the application run
18 after emerging. I also do have some ideas about improvements in the
19 application. I'll jot them down in the application proposal.
22 vh4x0r