From: Eitan Mosenkis <eitan@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Online image builder
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 18:04:28
1 Perhaps PHP for frontend and PHP + Bash for backend? That way the project
2 all gets done essentially in one language and any person qualified to do one
3 piece knows the language used for the other - PHP has had a lot of changes
4 in the last year or so to make it usable as a non-web-based scripting
5 language.
6 As for IPC, I think I'd store the user's choices in a database, which allows
7 user preferences to be reused and shared, etc., and then the frontend would
8 really just need to be able to ping the backend when it wanted it to get to
9 work (the backend can optionally either send notifications itself or ping
10 the frontend to do it). Since all of the data should really be stored for
11 future use (and purged after enough time passes), I see no point in sending
12 much besides simple signals through IPC. Might as well just use the
13 database for all the data.
14
15 Make sense?
16