From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Online image builder
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 12:29:39
1 On 16-03-2009 10:33, Eitan Mosenkis wrote:
2 > Hi.
3 > I already emailed a bit about the idea with the potential mentor (solar),
4 > but I thought I'd say hi here on the mailing list too, since I don't expect
5 > to have too much time before applications start going in to hang around the
6 > IRC channel.
7 >
8 > The way it looks to me, I'd like to implement the frontend in PHP. The
9 > first stage would be getting a functional frontend and backend (I might do
10 > that in PHP for code reusability between the two parts, but the backend
11 > language doesn't seem to really matter because it will really just be
12 > deciding which helper programs to invoke) that is usable to generate an
13 > image for the requested arch and with a few choices about packages
14 > installed, etc.
15
16 Please make the backend use a language among those used by the tools you
17 are already supposed to install (say bash, python and C).
18
19 You may consider using a json or xml rpc (check libxr).
20
21 lu