From: Sebastian Pipping <webmaster@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Congratulations!
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 14:49:35
1 Nirbheek Chauhan wrote:
2 > If this is combined with some sort of gentoo-infra based backups of
3 > the data, it would be nice.
4
5 Any ideas how we could organize that?
8 > You mentioned that upstream needs to check if they can handle Gentoo
9 > load, was this the bottleneck in that?
10
11 As I understand load is quite high already (I think due to a high rate
12 of submissions). The gentoo stuff adds to the per-submission processing
13 time considerably: A machine with 500-1000 packages installed adds a
14 few thousand DB rows easily.
15
16 I have introduced batch processing (..) but it may need to be taken
17 further and it's not upstream yet. I'm positive about it, upstream is
18 just a bit busy these days.
21 >> Anything else you want to know?
22 >
23 > I would say: Is there anything else *you* want to tell us? :)
24
25 If I had a wish I'd say please update the running Redmine installation
26 to a recent version (without killing the current data, please :-)).
27
28 Also I'd really like to see more reviews, alchemy mentoring and
29 contributions from others.
30
31 There may be news on PackageMap again, too.
35 Sebastian