From: Arne Babenhauserheide <arne_bab@×××.de>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: "Stanislav Ochotnický" <sochotnicky@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Tree-wide collision checking and provided files database
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 19:26:56
1 Am Samstag 28 März 2009 19:47:48 schrieb Stanislav Ochotnický:
2 > Anyway...If nothing else I'd love to see "this package will take XXX
3 > MB of space after installation" BEFORE I actually emerge the damn
4 > thing. With binary packages that's obvious. Source distributions are
5 > harder of course, because of CFLAGS, compiler, optimizations etc.. But
6 > basic approximation of size would be nice.
7
8 I think this could tie in nicely with improved binpackage support.
9
10 Can these two problems be solved together by joining the database creation and
11 binpackage creation?
12
13 Then you could use the binpackage USE and SLOT hashes to identify entries in
14 the database.
15
16 Best wishes,
17 Arne