From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] clustering-livecd
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 18:55:07
1 On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 14:47:43 -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 2:35 PM, Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
3 > wrote:
4 >> Huh? You mean something besides pointing sys-boot/unetbootin to the
5 >> install
6 >> iso's? I'm not following.
7 >
8 > The current Gentoo Handbooks provide no mention of how to install
9 > from
10 > bootable USB. If it is easy to do then we should probably update the
11 > Handbooks. If it is not easy to do, then making it easy to do would
12 > be an improvement.
13
14 Right. Why should it be in an install handbook? It is largely
15 irrelevant to most new installs. Regardless, first hit when googling
16 "gentoo liveusb" http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/liveusb.xml - unetbootin
17 is so trivially easy that there are no instructions that Gentoo
18 provides, afaik. Step 1, download iso. Step 2, hit button on
19 unetbootin's GUI.
22 > This is getting off-topic in any case. It sounds like the goal of
23 > this project is to make a bootable USB for setting up a Gentoo
24 > cluster. If this is already a solved problem then it doesn't sound
25 > like a good project.
26
27 Yup, I'll drop this thread. Just didn't know what you were getting at.
28
29 Cheers,
30 Jeremy
33 > Rich