From: Igor Mikeshin <hoax@××××.ru>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re[2]: [gentoo-soc] clustering-livecd
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 11:35:58
1 Mon, 28 Mar 2011 13:54:48 -0500 письмо от Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>:
2
3 > On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 14:47:43 -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
4 > > On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 2:35 PM, Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
5 > > wrote:
6 > >> Huh? You mean something besides pointing sys-boot/unetbootin to the
7 > >> install
8 > >> iso's? I'm not following.
9 > >
10 > > The current Gentoo Handbooks provide no mention of how to install
11 > > from
12 > > bootable USB. If it is easy to do then we should probably update the
13 > > Handbooks. If it is not easy to do, then making it easy to do would
14 > > be an improvement.
15 >
16 > Right. Why should it be in an install handbook? It is largely
17 > irrelevant to most new installs. Regardless, first hit when googling
18 > "gentoo liveusb" http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/liveusb.xml - unetbootin
19 > is so trivially easy that there are no instructions that Gentoo
20 > provides, afaik. Step 1, download iso. Step 2, hit button on
21 > unetbootin's GUI.
22 >
23 unetbootin is not so good. It creates a READ-ONLY liveUSB. Moreover it is pretty buggy;
24 However, i agree that usb booting is not a big deal.
27 > > This is getting off-topic in any case. It sounds like the goal of
28 > > this project is to make a bootable USB for setting up a Gentoo
29 > > cluster. If this is already a solved problem then it doesn't sound
30 > > like a good project.
31 >
32 > Yup, I'll drop this thread. Just didn't know what you were getting at.
33 >
34 > Cheers,
35 > Jeremy
38 > > Rich
39
40 I think there are a real tasks with clustered-livecd in cluster building logic.
41 I'm trying to contact with Eric Thibodeau, but with no luck yet
42
43 Igor