From: Rafael Martins <rafael@×××××××××××××××××.br>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: robbat2@g.o, Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Distfile patching support - Weekly report #1
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 21:46:16
1 Hi all,
2
3 some of you guys may remember me from last year, when I was working
4 with g-octave, or from my recent work as a Gentoo developer. This year
5 I'm working in the "Distfile patching support" project. You can know
6 more about it reading my proposal [1].
7
8 This year I decided to stop posting weekly reports at my blog [2],
9 because this kind of post is usually uninteresting and boring for most
10 readers. All my reports will be here.
13 == Progress ==
14
15 - XZ support for diffball is done. Brian will likely merge it and
16 release a new version soon. :)
17 - Lineage identification algorithm is done and works fine when
18 creating single hop sequential patches. Would need some minor
19 improvements.
20 - Script to create deltas for all available versions of a package
21 (distdiffer) is almost done. I still need to implement the manifest
22 generation. There's an example of the script running on verbose mode
23 [3]. It works for more than 1 package, but can't generate the list of
24 packages by himself. It needs to get the list of packages from the
25 command-line arguments, from a file or from stdin.
26 - Basic class to reconstruct the distfiles from deltas was created,
27 mainly to be used in the validation of the generated deltas, but will
28 be the base for the reconstructor script (distpatcher).
29
30 The scripts and helper classes/modules are being written in Python,
31 and a Git repository is available [4] (temporary, will be moved to
32 gentoo-infra soon).
33
34 That's all for now.
35