From: Rafael Martins <rafael@×××××××××××××××××.br>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: robbat2@g.o, Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Re: Distfile patching support - Weekly report #1
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 22:06:24
1 On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 6:45 PM, Rafael Martins
2 <rafael@×××××××××××××××××.br> wrote:
3 > Hi all,
4 >
5 > some of you guys may remember me from last year, when I was working
6 > with g-octave, or from my recent work as a Gentoo developer. This year
7 > I'm working in the "Distfile patching support" project. You can know
8 > more about it reading my proposal [1].
9 >
10 > This year I decided to stop posting weekly reports at my blog [2],
11 > because this kind of post is usually uninteresting and boring for most
12 > readers. All my reports will be here.
15 > == Progress ==
16 >
17 > - XZ support for diffball is done. Brian will likely merge it and
18 > release a new version soon. :)
19 > - Lineage identification algorithm is done and works fine when
20 > creating single hop sequential patches. Would need some minor
21 > improvements.
22 > - Script to create deltas for all available versions of a package
23 > (distdiffer) is almost done. I still need to implement the manifest
24 > generation. There's an example of the script running on verbose mode
25 > [3]. It works for more than 1 package, but can't generate the list of
26 > packages by himself. It needs to get the list of packages from the
27 > command-line arguments, from a file or from stdin.
28 > - Basic class to reconstruct the distfiles from deltas was created,
29 > mainly to be used in the validation of the generated deltas, but will
30 > be the base for the reconstructor script (distpatcher).
31 >
32 > The scripts and helper classes/modules are being written in Python,
33 > and a Git repository is available [4] (temporary, will be moved to
34 > gentoo-infra soon).
35 >
36 > That's all for now.
37 >
38 > Regards.
39 >
40 > [1] - http://dev.gentoo.org/~rafaelmartins/gsoc2011-proposal.txt
41 > [2] - http://rafaelmartins.eng.br/
42 > [3] - http://paste.pocoo.org/raw/397361/
43 > [4] - https://github.com/rafaelmartins/distpatch/
46 Err... I forgot the plans for the next week, so here they are:
47
48 - Implement metadata generation for distdiffer.
49 - Implement metadata validation for the reconstructor base class
50 - Create a simple homepage for the project at Gentoo infrastructure.
51 - Migrate (or mirror) the Git repo to Gentoo infrastructure.
52
53 Regards,
56 Rafael Goncalves Martins
57 http://rafaelmartins.eng.br/