From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Tree-wide collision checking and provided files database
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 21:06:44
1 On 28-03-2009 22:00:21 +0100, Arne Babenhauserheide wrote:
2 > Am Samstag 28 März 2009 21:03:12 schrieb Fabian Groffen:
3 > > Also, I more than once have found myself in a situation where I wondered
4 > > where certain file X would come from. In such case it would be nice to
5 > > be able to put a query somewhere and see what package it belongs to.
6 > > Note that this is not `qfile X`, because it's not on my system, but more
7 > > something like, ok, I do have texlive, but I want package Y, which on
8 > > Debian apparently is called P, and provides the essential file X, what
9 > > is the corresponding package in Gentoo?
10 >
11 > You mean something like
12 >
13 > equery belongs /usr/bin/emerge