From: Arne Babenhauserheide <arne_bab@×××.de>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Tree-wide collision checking and provided files database
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 21:00:36
1 Am Samstag 28 März 2009 21:03:12 schrieb Fabian Groffen:
2 > Also, I more than once have found myself in a situation where I wondered
3 > where certain file X would come from. In such case it would be nice to
4 > be able to put a query somewhere and see what package it belongs to.
5 > Note that this is not `qfile X`, because it's not on my system, but more
6 > something like, ok, I do have texlive, but I want package Y, which on
7 > Debian apparently is called P, and provides the essential file X, what
8 > is the corresponding package in Gentoo?
9
10 You mean something like
11
12 equery belongs /usr/bin/emerge