From: mmacleod@××××××××××.za
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] GLEP 25 + GLEP 9
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 17:01:53
1 Hello,
2
3 I am interested in proposing picking up where GLEP 9 and GLEP 25 left off and
4 finally getting difference patches for portage distfiles working properly and
5 implemented in such a way that they can become part of the official tree.
6 The proposal would address actual implementation of the above as well as
7 modifying the various other tools that must use them such as "distfiles-clean"
8 and portage itself of course.
9
10 Would this be worth proposing? I know that I am not the only one who would be
11 very happy to finally see this make its way properly into Gentoo.
12 Which source repository should I submit a patch for if I want to propose this?