From: wiktor w brodlo <wiktor@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Gentoo Anaconda: pre-mid-term report
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 16:28:27
1 Screenshots are available at <http://brodlo.net/anaconda>.
2 On 15 Jul 2011 16:02, "Donnie Berkholz" <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
3 > On 13:19 Mon 11 Jul , wiktor w brodlo wrote:
4 >> So far everything the installer is on time and does all the things
5 >> that it was meant to do according to the proposal. Some things were
6 >> simplified, others required more work than I expected; however,
7 >> overall the installer does now install a working Gentoo with an X
8 >> server and a desktop environment (the latter might be buggy at times
9 >> as I've not yet had a chance to test all the DEs).
10 >
11 > Could you post a screenshot gallery of each page in the installer so we
12 > can see what it looks like?
13 >
14 >> As a long-term goal, I'd like to move all the packages from
15 >> anaconda-overlay to the official Portage tree. Some of the packages
16 >> are already there, like GRUB and OpeniSCSI but Anaconda needs some
17 >> specific patches for these packages to work – in such case I'd like to
18 >> add the patches. I'm looking for volunteers that would like to
19 >> maintain some of these packages – there are 24 packages in the tree
20 >> and I don't think I'll be able to maintain them all AND the installer
21 >> (of course some of them will be removed/merged).
22 >
23 > Most packages are pretty easy to maintain, actually, because the
24 > "typical" package is relatively simply and doesn't release that often.
25 >
26 > --
27 > Thanks,
28 > Donnie