From: Alexander Sulfrian <alexander@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Portage Webinterface
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 11:43:04
1 Hi,
2
3 reading the "Porthole plug-ins & extensions" proposal I got another
4 idea:
5
6 Maybe you know web based software management solutions from various
7 enterprise Linux distributions (I remember, that at least RedHat
8 have such thing):
9
10 Based on an python api for portage and some way to issue the api calls
11 over network (ssh, xmlrpc, maybe google-protobuf or other), it would be
12 possible to create a web based interface, where you can add clients and
13 install/update packages, view logs, changes portage settings or merge
14 configuration files. With that it would be easier to manage a large
15 Gentoo-based server farm. Additionally it would be possibly to create a
16 simple cli to control all registered clients.
19 What do you think?
20
21 Thanks,
22 Alex