From: Eric Thibodeau <kyron@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Re: GSoc 2009 : Making the cluster LiveCD bootable from USB
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 17:19:59
1 Tom Stellard wrote:
2 > On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 3:06 PM, Tom Stellard <tstellar@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >> I rebuilt the CD image using these directions, and it was much easier
6 >> this time. Although, when I boot the CD it fails to mount the
7 >> squashfs and it displays this error:
8 >> mount: mounting /dev/loop0 on /newroot/mnt/livecd failed: No such device
9 >> Have you run into this problem before? I did have to exclude from the
10 >> live CD some packages that where giving me problems, but now that I am
11 >> familiar with the build process, I'll go back and see if I can resolve
12 >> some of those problems. It is possible I left out something
13 >> important.
14 >>
15 >> -Tom
19 > I found the problem. I forgot to enable squashfs in the kernel config.
20 >
21 Hey!... The student application deadline is _today_...have you applied
22 on the Google SoC web site with the project description + timelines?!
23
24 Timeline for SoC2009 is here:
25 http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/program/google/gsoc2009/faqs#timeline
26