From: Tom Stellard <tstellar@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: kyron@××××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Re: GSoc 2009 : Making the cluster LiveCD bootable from USB
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 11:03:44
1 On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 3:06 PM, Tom Stellard <tstellar@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I rebuilt the CD image using these directions, and it was much easier
4 > this time.  Although, when I boot the CD it fails to mount the
5 > squashfs and it displays this error:
6 > mount: mounting /dev/loop0 on /newroot/mnt/livecd failed: No such device
7 > Have you run into this problem before?  I did have to exclude from the
8 > live CD some packages that where giving me problems, but now that I am
9 > familiar with the build process, I'll go back and see if I can resolve
10 > some of those problems.  It is possible I left out something
11 > important.
12 >
13 > -Tom
16 I found the problem. I forgot to enable squashfs in the kernel config.
17
18 -Tom