From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] report 7.24-8.7: improving OpenRC
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2012 12:08:54
1 On 8/7/12 6:53 AM, heroxbd@×××××.com wrote:
2 > Dear Guys and Gals,
3 >
4 > heroxbd@×××××.com writes:
5 >
6 >> After the mid term evaluation, this project shifts its emphasis from
7 >> Prefix support to improving OpenRC (borrowing ideas from brother
8 >> systems)
11 > During the last two weeks, the following are finished:
12 >
13 >> 1. use OpenRC to boot a Debian system
14 >
15 > DONE
16 >
17 >> 2. find a way for OpenRC to use debian LSB init-scripts
18 >> OR, find a way to convert LSB init-scripts to OpenRC scripts
19 >
20 > DONE, it is the "lsb.pl" script.
21 >
22 > The process is documented at http://wiki.debian.org/OpenRC
23 >
24 >> 3. Patch OpenRC build system to respect EPREFIX (yes, take this by myself)
25 >
26 > I reviewed my old patch at bug 415899, and it seems to be able to
27 > serve as a base for the prefix integration.
28
29 Great =)
32 > bonus:
33 >
34 > ccxCZ from #openrc made a GLEP draft
35 >
36 > http://wpr.cz/ccx/wobsite/article/openrc-supervisor.html
37
38 That's interesting
39
40 > The interesting point to me is to make openrc running closely
41 > with daemontools and runit for extended features.
42
43 > In this project proposal, modern extensions (a timer, a oom-killer, a
44 > daemon watcher) were discussed. To make openrc friendly talk to other
45 > tools (cron, incron, runit, etc.) to achieve these extensions are
46 > closest to my heart.
47
48 =) I'm looking forward to see some of those implemented.
49
50 lu