From: Brian Dolbec <brian.dolbec@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Auto dependency builder. Need some thoughts before start to code.
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 20:10:05
1 On Sat, 2011-05-21 at 19:40 +0000, Александр Берсенев wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I am doing auto dependency builder project for GSoC 2011. Here is the
5 > description of my project:
6
7 > I plan to start coding with writing a tool on C for launching a
8 > program and logging its file access events to the log file. The format
9 > of log file record: seconds from launch, type of event, name of the
10 > file, and all parent processes.
11 >
12 > I want to try the this file logging approach first: to modify
13 > LD_PRELOAD environment var of each child process and catch library
14 > calls. If it will be not good I plan to try another approaches,
15 > described in my proposal. Also I like using the clone of root
16 > filesystem mounted through FUSE for logging.
17 >
18 > After that I plan to write a tool on python that launch a logging tool
19 > on C and parse logfile of it.
20 >
21 > I have some questions for starting:
22 > - Should I use a tool on C and parse logfile of it or write a logging
23 > python module instead?
26 What about writing the logging portion in cython so that it can have the
27 speed of c with the ease of integrating with python code.
30 > I plan to address other questions to my mentor if I reach him.
31 >
32 > Best,
33 > Alexander Bersenev
36 Alex, if you have any need to obtain info about the package using the
37 portage api, or gentoolkit api's I can help you with that.
38 --
39 Brian Dolbec <brian.dolbec@×××××.com>