From: Slava Bacherikov <slava@××××××××××××××.ua>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Improve packages.gentoo.org and integrate it with gentoostats
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 15:08:42
1 06.04.2012 16:14, Corentin Chary пишет:
2 > On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 3:14 AM, Slava Bacherikov
3 > <slava@××××××××××××××.ua> wrote:
4 >> Hi.
5 >>
6 >> I'm student from Vinntsia National University in Ukraine.
7 >>
8 >> I've using Gentoo for a long time.
9 >> I have expirience with PHP(Symphony, Yii),
10 >> Python(Django, Flask, PyGTK, PyQt old api), JavaScript (JQuery and
11 >> JQueryUI),
12 >> C/C++(GTK and glade, QT, glib).
13 >> I am new to GSOC.
16 >> I've want to suggest idea to improve functionality of
17 >> packages.gentoo.org and integrate it with gentoostats.
18 >> I'll wrote a draft of my proposal
19 >> http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2012/slava/1
20 >> , may be you can add some comments to it.
21 >>
22 > Hi Slava,
23 > Since there are already multiple gentoostats proposal, and no
24 > packages.gentoo.org, maybe you should split your proposal.
25 > This way, even if yours is not taken for gentoostats, the
26 > packages.gentoo.org proposal still have a chance.
27 > Thanks,
28 >
29 Hi Corentin.
30 Maybe you're right, i think that if i split this proposals, i will have
31 more chances.
32 But i don't want do this. And want explain why.
33 In p.g.o I want get some statistics informations from site, users likes,
34 how many views package information and other things.
35 I think think develop these things separated from gentoostats not a good
36 idea.
37 My opinion is that p.g.o and gentoostats, doing very similar things.
38 They provide information about the packages, but one about the
39 statistics of their use and other metadata about it. It seems to me to
40 provide full information about the packages is much better on one site
41 than a few.