From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Gentoo/Java projects
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 14:45:37
1 Caleb Cushing wrote:
2 >> 3. Redesigning java-config in C++
3 >> * It needs a rewrite any way and with paludis in C++ every Gentoo
4 >> system doesn't need python any more.
5 >
6 > correct this to, rewrite in C, so it doesn't take half as long to
7 > compile, and so it's faster. or if someone really wants to, just let
8 > them pick one of the 2.
11 A student can of course try to convince me why it should be done in C
12 but it's not his/her choice. This project will not be accepted as done
13 unless but into production use so if the student disappears afterwards,
14 we are the ones ending up maintaining it. It's not a big project so
15 compile time is not an issue and java-config does not need to be
16 lightning fast.
17
18 Regards,
19 Petteri