From: "Domen Kožar" <domen@×××.si>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] ventoo - progress report
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 12:58:14
1 Did you try Paramiko for ssh transfer?
2
3 http://www.lag.net/paramiko/
4
5 On Mon, 2010-08-09 at 02:03 -0400, Christopher Harvey wrote:
6 > This week I worked on remote editing of remote computers. One of the
7 > major goals for ventoo is to be able to edit multiple computers at the
8 > same time. Since Ventoo can parse config files into syntax trees it is
9 > possible to traverse many of these trees in parallel then display paths
10 > in the trees that are the same, and paths that differ, then let the user
11 > change all of the at the same time.
12 > I wanted to get remote editing working with one other computer, and I
13 > was going to use scp to transfer the files back and forth, but it turns
14 > out using scp with python is difficult, and any other method would
15 > require a few more weeks to integrate properly. One way or another,
16 > Ventoo is going to have to be able to access these remote files as if
17 > they were local files. To work in this direction I added a feature to
18 > ventoo that lets the user pick a root directory to work with and switch
19 > it as many times as he/she likes. The ASTs are reparsed every switch and
20 > the ui is updated. In the future, when editing multiple computers, the
21 > user would have to pick several of these roots, and a future developer
22 > would have to display the ASTs intelligently for editing. This week I
23 > laid the foundation for that to happen. As of now, the user can switch
24 > roots on the local machine, and if a remote root is mounted locally,
25 > edit the remote machine as well.