From: Vikraman Choudhury <vikraman.choudhury@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Package statistics reporting tool - GSoC
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 22:13:26
1 Hi,
2 I'm Vikraman, a 20 year old student from India, popularly known as vh4x0r.
3 I've been using Gentoo Linux for the past 3 years, and it is one of my
4 favorite linux distributions. I was looking at the GSoC idea posted on the
5 wiki about a
6 package statistics reporting tool. I found that I meet the skills required,
7 and therefore would like to apply for this project.
8
9 I do know python and PyGtk, I have a solid understanding of RDBMS and SQL,
10 and I also have gained knowledge about portage through the use of gentoo.
11 While going through the archives, I found that there already was some
12 discussion about this project, and a CLI app would be more useful than a
13 GUI. Also, there was some talk about a webapp too, and I do realise that I
14 haven't built a webapp before, but would very much like to learn about the
15 technology.
16
17 Please advise me on the same.
20 Vikraman