From: Alexander Chekmarev <chekmarev.alex@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] fast boot of Gentoo
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 09:02:12
1 Does anybody know a linux distro where no problems with suspend and
2 hibernate, or we can port it on Gentoo if someone experiences problems with
3 it. May be it would be more useful to make some changes to kernel or its
4 modules to make working current fast boot utils. In case if there will be
5 fast boot within 5-7 seconds, you don't even need to use hibernate on
6 laptops just to quickly access your system. I know there are
7 suspend/hibernate scripts in the tree currently, and a kernel suspend
8 support. What ideas to improve this does somebody have? I remember I have
9 some troubles when using hibernate script on my samsung laptop when it wakes
10 up.
11
12 Best,
13 Chekmarev Alex