From: Alexander Chekmarev <chekmarev.alex@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] fast boot of Gentoo
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 07:48:24
1 It's a good idea. This can be even more helpful and usable(however, it sound
2 not such great as 5-sec booting :-) )
3
4 2009/3/27 Andrey Kislyuk <weaver@g.o>
5
6 > I think the current fast boot focus on the various distros is horribly
7 > misplaced. I couldn't care less whether my machines boot in 30 seconds
8 > or 2 minutes. What I _really_ care about is that when I press the
9 > button on my laptop, it wakes up from sleep in 2 seconds or less.
10 > Linux is pretty bad at this. It's generally much worse than Windows,
11 > which is in turn much worse than OS X.
12 >
13 > So, if you really wish to make a difference in an area that others
14 > haven't dealt with as much, try improving wake from sleep or hibernate
15 > performance.
16 >
17 > -ak
18 >