From: wiktor w brodlo <wiktor@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Gentoo Anaconda: pre-mid-term report
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 18:02:09
1 2011/7/15 Александр Берсенев <bay@×××××××××.ru>:
2 > I have a few questions about anaconda installer:
3 >
4 > Are you installing a packages one by one or with one big emerge pkg1
5 > pkg2 pkg3 ... command?
6
7 One by one. This way I can retry the installation automatically (with
8 e.g. MAKEOPTS="-j1") in case something fails.
9
10 > Are them installed from sources or from binary packages? How long it takes?
11
12 From source. It depends how long it takes, as usual. More cores and
13 more memory help speed up the installation.
14
15 > When Gentoo is installed can I use /root/anaconda-ks.cfg file for
16 > installing next Gentoo with predefined parameters?
17
18 I have not tested that yet. The extra Gentoo-specific settings are not
19 in this file yet I think, but that's on the list for the second term.
20
21 > Can I add some
22 > commands in post-installation phase in this file, for example, to
23 > unpack my own contents of /etc directory.
24
25 You will be able to.
26
27 > Can Gentoo be installed from flash drive? From network?
28
29 The goal (at least for now) is to let it install from the LiveDVD. If
30 you can boot the LiveDVD environment from anything else than a DVD
31 then yes, of course. All you need is a stage3 and a Portage tree – you
32 might be able to run Anaconda from a different environment but I can't
33 promise you anything.