From: Tom Stellard <tstellar@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o, kyron@××××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] USB bootable clustering LiveCD
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 14:21:35
1 On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 4:26 AM, Eric Thibodeau <kyron@××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Nandeep Mali wrote:
3 >
4 > On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 7:08 PM, Tom Stellard <tstellar@×××××.com> wrote:
7 > I am planning to participate as a student in this year's gsoc.  I was
8 > looking at the project suggestion page, and I think that making the
9 > clustering LiveCD bootable from USB would be an interesting project.
12 >> Just making it boot of USB is IMHO trivial...
13
14 As I work my way through setting up the live CD, I am trying to come
15 up with a list of other possible improvements, does anyone have
16 suggestions for other things that could be done to improve the
17 clustering LiveCD?
20 > I have been looking at the site for last year's project:
21 > http://soc.gentooexperimental.org/projects/show/gentoo-cluster-seed
22 > and I would like to try out the LiveCD to see how it works, but I
23 > could not find a LiveCD image to download.
24 >
25 >> I don't currently have an updated LiveCD image. Even if I did have one, I
26 >> would suggest one not to look at the end product rather than look at the
27 >> process of making one. In other words, people interested in this project
28 >> should instead look at the git repo at
29 >> http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/clustering-livecd.git;a=tree .
30
31 I have begun trying to create the liveCD image.  I had to create
32 specifies for x86, because I don't have an AMD64 machine.  I ran into
33 a problem setting up NFSroot.  When I ran this command:
34 catalyst -f stage1.spec
35 I ended up getting an error message, I have attached the output from
36 catalyst to this e-mail with all the details. Any idea what I might
37 be doing wrong?
38
39 -Tom Stellard

stage1.err application/octet-stream