From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] report 8.9: improving OpenRC
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 09:13:31
1 On 08/10/2012 04:56 AM, heroxbd@×××××.com wrote:
2 > Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> writes:
3 >
4 >> On 08/09/2012 01:24 AM, heroxbd@×××××.com wrote:
5 >>>> On 8/7/12 6:53 AM, heroxbd@×××××.com wrote:
6 >>> Plans for 8.9
7 >>>
8 >>> 1. foreground some process (ssh, tinc, nginx and squid) and train openrc to
9 >>> run them by runit.
10 >>
11 >> Sounds good
12 >
13 > DONE, just foregrounded dropbear, and others is straightforward.
14 >
15 > the repo is at http://git.heroxbd.z.tuna.tsinghua.edu.cn/openrc.git
16 > branch runit. Got feedback from bonsaikitten and ccxCZ on #openrc.
17
18 looks interesting, in the long run might be nice to figure out how hard
19 would be have startstopdaemon learn runit tricks.
20
21 Later we should fix the hardwired paths probably.
22
23 > supervising can really be done under runit, in a smooth way.
24 >
25 > (I'll use this openrc + runit on my home NAS to monitor ssh, mysql, nginx
26 > and squid.)
27
28 That's good to heard =)
29
30 >>> 2. Begin to package OpenRC with debian new maintainer's guide.
31 >>
32 >> I hope that will make more people happy, we definitely want more audience
33 >
34 > started, slower than I thought. hopefully today first draft can come out.
35
36 Great!