From: heroxbd@×××××.com
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] report 8.9: improving OpenRC
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 03:12:12
1 Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> writes:
2
3 > On 08/09/2012 01:24 AM, heroxbd@×××××.com wrote:
4 >>> On 8/7/12 6:53 AM, heroxbd@×××××.com wrote:
5 >> Plans for 8.9
6 >>
7 >> 1. foreground some process (ssh, tinc, nginx and squid) and train openrc to
8 >> run them by runit.
9 >
10 > Sounds good
11
12 DONE, just foregrounded dropbear, and others is straightforward.
13
14 the repo is at http://git.heroxbd.z.tuna.tsinghua.edu.cn/openrc.git
15
16 branch runit. Got feedback from bonsaikitten and ccxCZ on #openrc.
17
18 supervising can really be done under runit, in a smooth way.
19
20 (I'll use this openrc + runit on my home NAS to monitor ssh, mysql, nginx
21 and squid.)
22
23 >> 2. Begin to package OpenRC with debian new maintainer's guide.
24 >
25 > I hope that will make more people happy, we definitely want more audience
26
27 started, slower than I thought. hopefully today first draft can come out.
28
29 >> 3. portage-prefix, follow the discussion result with grobian and
30 >> lu_zero: implement a mechanism to export EPREFIX from within runscript.sh
31 >
32 > Good!
33
34 pending for deb packaging, todo for today.
37 XU Benda
38 Research Center for Neutrino Science
39 Tohoku University
40 JAPAN